For What Purposes Does Doha Best Buy Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services.We use your personal information to enable smooth transistion of ecommerce fulfill orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Doha Best Buy Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Doha Best Buy Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Doha Best Buy Services.
- Provide voice, image and camera services.When you use our voice, image and camera services, we use your voice input, images, videos, and other personal information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our services.
- Comply with legal obligations.In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect business details from sellers about the Business establishment to provide authenticity to customers who buy from our platform, We also ask for Bank account information from seller’s and customers to facilitate any financial transactions or to avoid fraudulent transactions.
- Communicate with you.We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Doha Best Buy Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads. To learn more, please read our Interest-Based Ads notice.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Doha Best Buy, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does Doha Best Buy Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with Doha Best Buy.com, Inc. and subsidiaries that Doha Best Buy.com, EX Fast Company. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties:We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Doha Best Buy Services. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses, such as sellers on the marketplace, restaurants, bakeries registered on Doha Best Buy.com, merchants providing mobile recharges and bill-payment assistance. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf.Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with applicable law.
- Business Transfers:As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Doha Best Buy.com, Inc. or Doha Best Buy Seller Services Private Limited or any of its affiliates, or substantially all of their assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Doha Best Buy and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Doha Best Buy, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling payment card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, processing, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Doha Best Buy Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. For more information about third-party advertising at Doha Best Buy, including interest-based ads, please read our Interest-Based Ads policy.
Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Doha Best Buy ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website or mobile application.
Are Children Allowed to Use Doha Best Buy Services?
Doha Best Buy does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under the age of 18 years, you may use Doha Best Buy Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices , and Revisions
If you choose to use Doha Best Buy Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the prevailing law in Qatar. If you have any concern about privacy at Doha Best Buy, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Doha Best Buy Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our marketplace;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Doha Best Buy Services;
- provide information in Your Account(and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile;
- upload your contacts, including access to mobile device contacts for certain services;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with a Doha Best Buy device or service;
- provide information in your Seller Account, Restaurant Central Account, Service Provider Account, or any other account we make available that allows you to develop or offer software, goods, or services to Doha Best Buy customers;
- offer your products or services on or through Doha Best Buy Services;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- upload or stream images, videos or audio or other files while using Doha Best Buy Services;
- compile Wish Listsor other gift registries;
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features;
- provide and rate Reviews;
- specify a Special Occasion Reminder; or
- employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- e-mail addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- the personal description and photograph in Your Profile;
- images, videos and other content collected or stored in connection with Doha Best Buy Services;
- information and officially valid documents regarding identity and address information, including PAN numbers;
- credit history information;
- corporate and financial information; and
- device log files and configurations, including Wi-Fi credentials, if you choose to automatically synchronize them with your other Doha Best Buy devices.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Doha Best Buy Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Doha Best Buy Bestsellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, though, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- images or videos when you shop in our marketplace using Doha Best Buy Services.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfilment, advertising or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our affiliates;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Doha Best Buy Services include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
- payment settings (including payment method information, promotional certificate, and gift card balances and 1-Click settings);
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists);
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences;
- content that you recently viewed;
- voice recordings associated with your account;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile);
- If you are a seller, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communications preferences, by updating your account in Seller Central.
- If you are a restaurant, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communication preferences, by updating your account in Restaurant Central;
- If you are a service provider listing on our Service Provider Network, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communication preferences, by updating your account in Service Provider Central;
Please find below the details of the grievance officer:
Enabling safe and complete data deletion
When you delete data in your Doha Best Buy account, we immediately start the process of removing it from the product and our systems. First, we aim to immediately remove it from view and the data may no longer be used to personalize your experience.
We then begin a process designed to safely and completely delete the data from our storage systems. Safe deletion is important to protect our users and customers from accidental data loss. Complete deletion of data from our servers is equally important for users’ peace of mind.
If the user fails to login over a period of time the inactive accounts with out any sale or purchase history for more than 3 months will automatically truncated during maintenance
User accounts like sellers or Customers with Financial transactions carried out in our app will be made inactive and we retain their data for Tax and Fraud management internally
Our services also use encrypted backup storage as another layer of protection to help recover from potential disasters. Data can remain on these systems for up to 6 months.
As with any deletion process, things like routine maintenance, unexpected outages, bugs, or failures in our protocols may cause delays in the processes and timeframes defined in this article. We maintain systems designed to detect and remediate such issues.
Call customer services on +974 5535 5057 to arrange a courier collection. If you paid by card, we will refund you on the same once the quality check has been carried out.
When you buy from dohabestbuy.com we want you to be happy with your purchase. So if you need to return a product, get it exchanged or refunded, we want to make it as easy as possible.
Bought from dohabestbuy.com? Here is everything you need to know :
Our refund policy
If any of our products fall below the high standard you expect, we will happily refund or exchange it according to the terms and conditions set out below.
– dohabestbuy.com is unable to procure products: a reasonable time of 7-10 days from the date of authorization has to be given.
– Products faulty on arrival and non repairable.
– Products are lost in deliveries.
– Product is not repairable.
– Refunds for products purchased under a promotional offer will be based on the terms of the promotional price. Bundle offers or “Buy 1 Get 1 free” offers: In this case you will have to return all the items in this offer.
– Refund settlement will take place once the returned product has been received back and a quality check has taken place, this procedure normally takes 4-5 days, then 2 business days to issue the refund. Please be aware that sometimes the refund will not show on your account until the next statement cycle is issued from your bank.
– We will refund the delivery charge in full if the product received is faulty / damaged and you return all products of your order at the same time. If you choose to keep some of the products, we will retain the balance of the delivery charge that applies to the products you keep.
– Please keep all items with their complete packaging and inside packaging intact if you intend to refund any items within the conditions set out. No exchange or refund will be considered without it.
– 7 Days money back Guarantee if you change your mind, provided that the merchandise is as new, in a re-sellable condition and the consumables ( cartridges, blank tapes, CD’s or DVD’s) and accessories ( cables, chargers, batteries…) are still sealed, refund can be granted upon dohabestbuy.comapproval within 7 days after delivery. (Exceptions apply see Electrical returns) However the normal delivery or supplier delivery charge as well as card transaction charges will be charged back as well as any additional charges incurred by courier collection.
Call customer services on +974 5535 5057 to arrange a courier collection. If you paid by card, we will refund you on the same once the quality check has been carried out.
Charges and getting your refund
Returns are free of charge for dead received items. Charges will apply for items where you the customer change your mind after the product has been shipped.
If you have told us you’re going to return all of your order within seven working days of receiving it due to faulty products we will refund your delivery charge in full. If you’re only returning some of the products, or all of the products but after the seven working day period, your delivery charge will not be refunded and further charges for uplift may apply.
Getting your refund
If a courier collects your returned product, your refund will be on the card you used to pay and will be as per the next billing cycle once we’ve received your returned product on Lulu approval. You must also return any free or discounted products bought together as part of a promotional offer. If the product does not fully comply with our policy, we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee.
Your Consumer rights
Nothing in our returns policy affects your consumer rights.